- Sync purchase data with Sailthru.
- Attribute purchases originating from Sailthru email campaigns
- Send Abandoned Cart emails for incomplete purchases
- Gather your customers’ product page views, and user interest data using Horizon.
- Update all of your product information directly into your Sailthru Content library.
- Add users to Sailthru that make a purchase.
Sailthru offers a robust set of user and list management features via the Sailthru UI and API. The Shopify app does not directly support user management, such as lists, segments, user variables outside of the purchase data. Users who complete purchases will be added to the Sailthru system.
This guide covers the following steps:
- Install the app.
- Connect your Sailthru account.
- Configure ‘Abandoned Cart’ settings.
1. Install the app
Visit the app’s page on the Shopify App Store and click Get. You will be asked to log in to your Shopify account.
Once logged in, confirm that you want to install the app:
2. Connect your Sailthru account
Now you will need to add your Sailthru account details.
- Sailthru API Key and Secret (available in My Sailthru in Settings > Setup > API & Postbacks)
- Sailthru Horizon domain (available in My Sailthru in Settings > Setup > Domains). If you do not already have a Sailthru “link” and “horizon” CNAME set up for your Shopify storefront, you will need to create those. For more details on your Sailthru DNS settings, please see points 3 and 4 in Sailthru’s documentation on DNS settings.
In your Shopify app’s settings, enter the Key, Secret, and Horizon domain. Then click Submit.
After saving the information, the integration will load your available email templates from Sailthru, so that you can select your abandoned cart template from the drop down (if one already exists). This is covered in the next step.
3. Configure ‘Abandoned Cart’ Settings
In order to send your customers an abandoned-cart reminder email, we can set a reminder time and a choose a template to send.
First, you will need to have an abandoned-cart email template configured and listed in My Sailthru on the Templates page. You can use this guide to help you set up an email template, and this guide for creating your abandoned cart email.
Once you have an abandoned-cart template ready in Sailthru, you can open the Shopify app settings page and choose the Abandoned Cart template from the drop-down list.
Enter the time (in minutes) that the app should wait before sending the customer an email reminder about their abandoned cart. For example, “120 minutes”.
Using the App
Once installed and configured, the Shopify app will pass all purchase data to Sailthru as it happens.
In order to import your historical purchase data, consult your Sailthru Project Manager or Customer Success Manager. They can advise you on the proper route for importing this data, typically using the Sailthru Job API.