The Settings page for your account includes several helpful sections, including:
API Test Tool
The API Test Tool in My Sailthru allows you to send live API calls to any of our endpoints using simple JSON Format.
Allows you to set and change user-specific settings like phone number and password.
Note: Once you have created an account, you will not be able to change the email address associated with it. For security purposes, you will need to create a new account if you wish to change your email address.
Allows you to set and change account-specific settings.
- Time Zone – Sets the account-level time zone for scheduling and reporting purposes.
- Engagement Days – Defines how long a new user will remain new, and how long an engaged user will stay engaged after their last action (open, click, etc). More details about user engagement and how it is calculated can be found here. Default: 7 days.
- Revenue per 1k Pageviews – If you sell ads against pageviews, enter a number, in dollars, for the revenue you typically earn from one thousand pageviews (also known as RPM or CPM). This number will be used to calculate revenue from pageviews generated by your email campaigns.
Channels – Email
Allows you to set and change campaign-specific settings.
- Message Cookie Duration – The number of hours to set the
sailthru_bidcookie for, which identifies the message that a user most recently clicked. This is the maximum number of hours that can elapse after a user clicks on an email where revenue and pageviews will still be attributed to that email.
- Beacon Image – This image will be included in each of your emails in order to track email opens. More details on beacon images here.
- Seed Emails – Set email addresses to be included on every outgoing email campaign. Max of 500 emails. Note that on each campaign, you can also add additional seed emails specific to that campaign.
- Link Reporting Query Parameters – If you utilize any query string parameters that should be retained in URLs for reporting in Sailthru’s campaign detail report, include those parameters in this field, one per line. Examples may include unique page IDs (?id=12345), placement (?location=header) or other values that do not vary per user.
- Error URL – The URL of the page that users will be redirected to if there’s an error following links from one of your emails. You probably want to build a user-friendly page on your own site, or maybe just set it to your homepage. If you leave this blank, users will be sent to your homepage.
- Campaign Throttle Rate – Set the total output of campaign email volume per minute, per campaign.
- Changes will take roughly 5 minutes to take effect. Slowing down fast-sending campaigns occurs more quickly than speeding up throttled campaigns. This is because we check for the limit at approximately every 10,000 messages sent per campaign.
- This is a global setting, and will affect all campaign email.
- There is no way to exempt a campaign when throttling is set.
- Throttling only applies to campaign messages, not triggered or transactional messaging.
Channels – Mobile Apps
Allows clients to add apps for use in Push Notification Campaigns.
Content – Spider
Allows you to set and change settings for Sailthru’s content spider.
- Include / Exclude Rules – Learn more about include / exclude rules in our Personalization Engine documentation.
- Spider Extra Meta Tags – If you have special meta tags that you want collected, list them here, one per line. Learn more about how to add extra meta tags here.
- Spiderable Query Params – If your pages use query parameters instead of perma-links, add the parameters you use to identify your pages here (one parameter per line).
- Preserve Fragment – If your pages use fragments or the ‘#’ character to identify your pages, check this box. For example, http://www.example.com/page#sample
- Trailing Slash – Choose to automatically add or remove the trailing slash from the URLs that come in from the content spider, or choose not to modify.
Content – Concierge
Allows you to set and change settings for Sailthru’s Concierge slider.
- Hours Back – The number of hours back in time to pull content from. For example, if you enter
24, Concierge will only include content from the past 24 hours in its recommendations.
- URL Query String – Allows the addition of a query string to every link recommended by Concierge
- Header Message – The heading line of the recommendation slider (e.g. “Recommended For You”)
- Show Description – Toggle content description on the recommendation slider
- Max Description Length – Maximum character length for content descriptions
- Enable Developer Mode
- Enable Concierge Signup – Learn more about the signup module here.
Content – Recommendations
Change the criteria for when a single item may be repeated in recommendation to a user after it was previously viewed or purchased. Note that not all of these preference sections may be displayed for your account, depending on your account configuration.
- Interest Tag Influence – Decide how interest tags from a user’s views or puchases determine recommendations.
- Concierge – Change recommendation preference for the slider.
- Scout – Change recommendation preference for the multiple item
- Zephyr – Change recommendation preference for the email templating language.
Setup – API & Postbacks
Allows you to set and change settings related to the API.
- API Key & Secret – Codes unique to your company’s Sailthru account that are required for accessing and updating account data through the Sailthru API.
- Customer ID – Your unique Sailthru Customer ID that is required for some implementation and setup steps.
- Allowed IPs – Allows you to set which IPs are allowed to use your API key and secret for posting, getting, and deleting content and data.
- Optout Postback URL – The heading line of the recommendation slider (e.g. “Recommended For You”)
- Hardbounce Postback URL – If this field is filled out, we will send an HTTP POST to this URL whenever you send to a hardbounce. You can use this information to alert the user that their email address is not receiving emails. For more information, see the documentation on postbacks.
Setup – Domains
- Link Domain – Use if you want rewritten links in emails to point to your subdomain, e.g. link.test.com. You will have to set a CNAME record on your DNS to point that subdomain to cb.sailthru.com.
- Horizon Domain – Required for Horizon. If you’re not using Horizon, you don’t need to worry about this. If you are, you must set a CNAME record on your DNS zonefile to point this subdomain to horizon.sailthru.com.
- Site Domain – Enter your website’s domain to help enable Sailthru’s Personalization Engine and/or Site Personalization Manager.
Setup – Integrations
- Facebook Ad Account ID – To enable Facebook Custom Audience integration, enter your account id. You can find your account id in the id column next to your account name. The integration requires you to accept the Facebook Custom Audiences Terms of Service.For more information, please refer to our Facebook Custom Audiences Integration Documentation.
- Google AdWords Customer Id – Used for enabling Sailthru’s integration with Google AdWords Customer Match, enabling you to export audiences to Google and retarget these audience across YouTube, Gmail, and Search or find new customers using Similar Audiences. Additional steps are required in order to configure this integration.
- Beepsend API Token – To use Sailthru’s Beepsend integration for sending SMS messages, enter your API token.
Setup – Custom Link CSS
Customize the CSS for confirmation pages such as Forward to a Friend. Add your own logo or color scheme to provide a look and feel that more closely resembles your website.
- Edit CSS Tab – Insert CSS code here
- Sample HTML Source – Insert HTML code here
- Preview – Preview mode
Permissions – User Management
Manipulate the access levels for each user using My Sailthru.
Permissions – Team Management
Manipulate the access levels for teams using My Sailthru.