Create a Custom Audience from a Sailthru List
First, go to Audience Builder to create the list of users that you’ll push to Facebook.
In the example below, we’ll create a Smart List called “High Value Users”. This list will consist of users that have made at least 10 purchases. Alternatively, you can export any of your Sailthru lists to Facebook.
Note: Sailthru will pass all users on the list to Facebook when creating a lookalike audience. This includes users who are not marked as valid. To avoid this, create a list that only includes valid users to pass to Facebook.
Follow the remaining steps to export your list.
- Navigate to the Lists page and next to the list name, click the cloud upload button.
- Select Facebook Custom Audiences.
- Next to Schedule, select whether you would like your export to occur Just once or to Recur daily.
- From the Audience dropdown, select Create new audience. If no Sailthru-generated audiences yet exist, this will be your only option.
Note: You can update this audience at any time. However, Facebook audiences created outside this Sailthru interface will not be available as a destination for your future exports. You can set your export to recur daily, automatically adding users to the audience who were not previously part of your Sailthru list. There is currently a limit of two recurring exports for your Sailthru account. For each export to an existing list, whether manually initiated or part of a recurring export, users who are new to the selected Sailthru list are added, but no users are removed from the Facebook audience.
- Next to New Audience Name, Sailthru automatically suggests a name based on the list name, but you may modify it. This is the name that will be displayed in Facebook. (It is recommended that you use a similar name as that of the Sailthru list, to identify this audience during any future exports.)
- Click Export. The dialog confirms that your data is being exported to Facebook.
- You can check the Jobs page to confirm that the export is complete.
- Finally, Facebook will display the audience. Note that any facebook.com email addresses will not be processed.
View or Delete Recurring Exports
To view the list exports to Facebook or Google that you have previously set to recur daily, select the Partner Exports page within the Users menu.
To stop a list from exporting daily, hover over the row with the partner audience and Sailthru List you wish to stop and click the trash icon.
This will prevent future automated exports, but the audience will continue to exist in Facebook or Google. You may manually perform another export to the audience at any time.