Enhance your Analytics with Business IntelligenceFor a video tour of Business Intelligence, see the Business Intelligence Hub. Business Intelligence is an add-on advanced reporting tool. If you'd like this added to your account, reach out to your CSM.
Retention Analytics to Business Intelligence MigrationWith the migration from Retention Analytics to Business Intelligence, some naming conventions have changed.
|Retention Analytics||Business Intelligence|
|A tab within a dashboard||Dashboard|
|Single chart or report||Worksheet|
From Marigold Engage by Sailthru to Business IntelligenceBusiness Intelligence is a Single Sign-On application. Navigate to Business Intelligence directly from the application with additional no log-in needed. To navigate to your Business Intelligence application:
- Select the Analytics menu in the application.
- Select Dashboards.
- From the flyout menu, select Business Intelligence. This takes you to the Home screen.
Locate a DashboardYour Home screen shows your recently viewed items. These are the individual dashboards you've viewed.
Access your Favorite reports, a full list of your Recent views, and any Collections of reports from the sidebar menu. The Explore screen shows your available reports as granularly as you would like to see them, from your top-level projects to a list of individual views. Top-level projects combine multiple dashboards into one folder.
Business Intelligence Dashboards
- From the Home tab, select a recently viewed dashboard to open it.
- From the Explore view, select an available Project. Once a project loads, select a dashboard. For the following examples, we'll look at the Executive Dashboard available in the Standard Dashboards project.
DownloadDownload a specific view or different sheets from the dashboard or workbook or the underlying data in one of the following formats: image, data, crosstab, PDF, or PowerPoint.
- Select the Download button .
- From the list, select your preferred download format.
- In the Download modal, set any download parameters, including which view or sheets you wish to download.
- Select Download to trigger the file download.
Watch MenuSubscribe to specific views, track metrics from a view, or create an alert from the Watch menu.
Subscribe to ViewsSubscribe to specific views and never miss an update.
- From the Watch menu , select Subscriptions.
- In the Subscribe modal, select the view sent, the sending format, a subject and message for the email, and a schedule.
- Select Subscribe to save your subscription.
AlertsCreate an alert when data crosses a specific threshold.
- From the Watch menu, select Alerts to open the Alerts panel.
- Select the numeric axis of a chart and then select Create from the panel.
- In the Create Alert modal, set a Condition and Threshold for the alert.
- If you wish, edit the Subject of the alert and set a cadence.
- Your email address should be added automatically. Add any other email addresses so the alert can be sent to them as well.
- Set the visibility of your alert. If you make it visible, then anyone with access to the view can add themselves to it.
- Select Create Alert to complete the alert.
Customize ViewsEach report allows a certain amount of data manipulation. Any changes you make won't affect the underlying data in your report, it just changes the visualization for the time you're viewing it.
Each dashboard allows data filtering, depending on how the data is presented, so you can see just the data you wish to see. For example, these are the filters available in the Executive Dashboard. Select filters to reflect the data you wish to see. Dashboards that include charts allow for other filtering options, including data highlighting.
Select one of the charted values from the list, then select Highlight Selected Items when it appears. The chart highlights only the selected value:
Save a Custom DashboardTo create and save a custom dashboard:
- Open the dashboard you wish to work within.
- Apply any filters, change the data sorting, select specific data markers, etc.
- Select View: Original in the toolbar to open the Custom Views modal.
- Give your view a name and make it your default view or make it visible to others if you wish. A name is the only required option to save a custom view.
- Select Save to save your view.