Domains and URLs for Hosted Pages
To keep up with the requirements of expanding global regulation of privacy, Sailthru has committed itself to a product development framework considering privacy by design and by default. This framework requires that we continually evaluate existing and future product functionality to ensure that privacy is at the forefront of our services. Based on internal evaluation, we have modified the Sailthru features that passed email addresses as query parameters by default to instead pass information in a hashed format.
(November 17, 2020)
The page is publicly accessible via this URL: [link domain]/join/[pagename]
User Management/Optout Pages
The page is accessible via this URL:
[link domain]/manage/[pagename]?email=[email address]&hash=md5([email]+[apisecret])
- Provided the page name is unique,
link.yourdomain.com/pagename?email=emailaddress&hash=md5(email+apisecret)will also redirect to
- When a subscriber reads an email and clicks the unsubscribe link, the link will contain a URL similar to this format:
The components of this URL are as follows:
is the link domain.
is the page you are viewing. In this case, you’re looking at the ‘optout confirm’ page.
refers to the message the link came from.
is a unique hash generated for security purposes to make sure no one opts out all your users. If the hash and message don’t match up, or the message doesn’t exist, you’ll see an error page.
Private User Management Pages
When you link to a hosted page that is set to ‘private’, the link format is different.
- For a hosted page that uses Zephyr, which might be used in a template or from another hosted page, use the following format:
- The ‘apisecret’ is your API secret. You can find your API Secret in your Sailthru Settings.
- Note: To protect your account, your API Secret will be encrypted in the HTML.