|Profile Data||Description||User/Client Provided||Auto. Tracked/Set||Accessible in UI/API|
|Keys||Unique identifiers, typically email–the address submitted by you or the user–and sid, a unique ID created automatically. You may set an additional unique ID as an extid. Also available on request: SMS number, Facebook ID, or Twitter ID.||√²||²||√|
|Lists||The names of all Natural Lists for which the user is currently a member.||√||√|
|Smart Lists||The names of all Smart Lists for which the user is currently a member. Criteria for Smart Lists is typically set in Audience Builder, but may also be created via API.||³||√||√|
|Purchases¹ /Returns¹||Data about each purchase/return transaction and each item that it contains.||√||√|
|Incomplete Purchases¹||Data about each item currently in the user’s cart, in order to power abandoned-cart reminder messaging.||√||√|
|Custom Fields (a.k.a. Vars)||Custom profile fields and values that you have set for the user. Common examples include first_name, last_name, source, address, phone, loyalty_tier, etc. If you subscribe to Prediction Manager, the user’s prediction values are also stored under the predictions and itempred vars.||√||⁵||√|
|Activity||Timestamps of the user’s profile creation, first list signup, and most recent email open, email link click, site pageview, and purchase¹.||⁴||√⁴||√|
|Interests||The degree of interest in specific tags associated with items from your Content Library that the user has viewed or purchased. This is used by algorithms to power future content personalization.||√⁶||√⁶||⁷|
|Lifetime Data||The user’s total number of messages sent, pageviews, known email opens, clicks of links in email, purchases⁶, and the sum of all purchase prices⁶.||√⁸||√|
|Device||Devices and browsers used by the user, including their most frequent email-reading device or client.||√||√|
|Apps||IDs of any integrated mobile apps you may have that the user has installed.||√||√|
|Optout||Optout status/type. Null or no value: user is fully opted in. Optout ‘blast’: user opted out of campaigns (e.g. newsletters), but still available for individual transactional emails. Optout ‘all’: user will not receive any email messaging.The user’s optout ‘reason’ may also be specified.||√||√|
|Geo||The most common country, city, state, and zip that is recorded for the user based on IP when opening links in emails||√||√⁹|
1. For e-commerce clients only.
2. The unique user identifier “sid” is generated automatically.
3. Indirectly, by submitting data that meets Smart List criteria (as set in Audience Builder or via API), such as var values, natural list membership, purchases, etc.
4. Profile creation date is submittable–typically for clients who backfill historical client data when in implementation–and is generated automatically if not specified.
5. Clients who subscribe to Prediction Manager will have predicted values and items for each user stored as vars in each user profile.
6. Clients provide tags on content via the Content API and/or meta-tag use on-site, and attributes those interests automatically.
7. Each user’s top interests are accessible on their user profile in My Sailthru.
8. Aggregate purchase history is for e-commerce clients only, based on data you have sent via Purchase/Job API or JS functions.
9. Not available via API.
- If you are using a single account to manage multiple sites/brands, be sure to discuss this with your Implementation Team before proceeding with a user management strategy.