GDPR Do Not Track Option
How does Sailthru's 'Do Not Track' designation work?The 'gdprDoNotTrack' JS function requires that Sailthru.init() be called on the page and takes no parameters. The function will look for the sailthru_hid cookie automatically in order to identify the user and store their 'Do Not Track' designation on to their profile.
Additionally, all cookies used for tracking purposes are purged and will not be created for 'Do Not Track' users:
- sailthru_content - content viewed
- sailthru_pc - personalized content clicked on
- sailthru_bid - source email, used for purchase attribution
- sailthru_sid - sailthru identifier
- sailthru_cid - content viewed
- sailthru_rid - Concierge and Scout clicked personalized content
- sailthru_recommendation_hidden - Concierge close designation
'Do Not Track' and Suppression Lists
Users opted out of online tracking have no engagement activity (opens, clicks, or pageviews) attributed to them. If you are using an engagement-based suppression list, they will eventually cease to receive your messaging as their activity is not being tracked.
For example, with a suppression list of users who haven't opened or clicked in the last 180 days, any user opted out of online tracking will be suppressed after this timeframe, regardless if they've continued to engage with your email.