Build custom templates in the SMS Template Editor to deliver curated messaging.
The Template Editor
The SMS template editor includes a Message Text textbox, a way to preview the message as a specific user (Zephyr Preview As User), and a preview of your message as you draft it, using your SMS service. If you use more than one SMS service, you can change the service shown by selecting from the dropdown menu:
Depending on the service you use, you’ll have different options available for your template.
Sailthru SMS allows you to use Zephyr to personalize your SMS messages. You’ll see the preview length in characters and how many SMS messages may be sent.
When you add an email address with a valid first name to the Zephyr Preview As User text box, the preview shows your message with the Zephyr value. In this case firstname.lastname@example.org doesn’t have a first name in Sailthru’s system, but the message included a fallback value.
Attentive SMS includes Zephyr personalization, MMS options, and Attentive campaign tracking. Note that Attentive has a 500kb max file size for media if you’re creating MMS messages.
Twilio SMS templates also allow Zephyr personalization.
Build a New Template
Select Templates from the Messaging menu in my.sailthru to open the Templates List page.
- From the Templates List page, select the New Template dropdown menu at the top of the page.
- Select SMS from the list of template types. The SMS Template Editor opens.
- Give your SMS template a unique name. If you use more than one SMS service, select the one you wish to use from the SMS Service dropdown menu.
- Draft your template content in the Message Text textbox. Note the preview length and the expected number of messages.
- Check your message preview to ensure any personalization is correct.
- Save your work. Your SMS template is now ready to be used in a campaign.
To use your template in a Sailthru SMS message, see SMS Messaging.