Add a Google Calendar Invite
Add a Google Calendar invite to templates. Create an event in your Google Calendar and add it to a template with a link. Users can click the link to add this invite to their calendars.
Create a Google Calendar Invite
- Open your Google Calendar and create a new event.
- Add all necessary information, including: an event name, location (physical or URL), time (with correct time zone), and description.
- Select “public” or “private” for this event or Google will just pick a default setting.
- Save the event.
- Open the event with the Edit Event button.
- From the More Actions menu, select Publish Event. A modal window opens that includes an event link.
- Copy the event link and save it.
Add a Link
Add the link you saved to a template.
- To create a basic text link for your template, use the following code.
<h3> Save To Your Calendar!</h3> <a href="https://calendar.google.com/calendar/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=NDdjc2NtZjlyczhqNzJsY3ZrcjdidHN2OWcgbWFpbnNsZXlAc2FpbHRocnUuY29t&tmsrc=mainsley%40sailthru.com">Google Calendar Invite</a>
It will render the similarly to the following:
- Customize the sample code for a personalized link.