User Opt-out Levels
For details on how to implement these opt-out levels, read more here. Please contact your Customer Success representative with questions and to test/activate any changes to your opt-out page, located here. If you have made edits to your unsubscribe page, those edits must be reviewed and activated by a member of Customer Success.
There are 3 main types of opt-out levels in Sailthru. Opted out users will automatically be suppressed — not sent to — even if they are still on the list that you are mailing to. You are required by CAN-SPAM law to include either
optout_basic in the opt-out page.
optout_blast is an additional button that can be present, but does not replace the other two.
- This opt-out setup allows for certain communications (see some acceptable examples in the next bullet) to always send to a user – despite their status.
- Opts the user out of all emails (campaigns & transactionals) except for the transactional emails that are set as “basic.” The basic status is set by your Sailthru Customer Success representative on individual templates that you use for transactionals. The accepted communication types include password reset, purchase receipt, shipping confirmation, etc.
- Note: this can only be used with the USER api call, not the EMAIL api call.
- Opts the user out of all emails (campaigns & transactionals). This is the default status when a subscriber marks your email as spam from within an email client (ie yahoo, hotmail, aol.com).
- Opts the user out of all campaign emails
- The user will still receive all transactional (1:1) emails
- Must be used in conjunction with either optout_basic or optout_all
Additionally, templates support individual opt-outs. For example, if a user wants to opt out of social notifications, add a checkbox for a specific template name on the opt-out page to allow the user to opt-out of just that template. Please read more here.