Lifecycle Optimizer launches realtime email performance metrics; three additional features
Today we launched four Lifecycle Optimizer features, capping a packed-summer of updates to our automated marketing series tool. This release includes:
- Realtime email performance metrics
- Easily copy an active flow
- Action: Set a custom field with a date stamp
- Check: Custom field date values using relative dates
Read on to learn more about each addition!
Realtime email performance metrics
Monitor the success of your LO flows with insight on how a flow’s emails are performing. For A/B testing, this makes performance measurement as simple as the flip of the “Metrics” toggle, up-to-date with each page load. With metrics view enabled, the following metrics will now display next to “Send Email” action steps:
- Step Count – total users who went through the step, regardless of email optout or bounce status [displayed under the step shape, “5,052” in the above example]
- Send Count – users who were messaged during the step; this count may be lower than step count if there are hardbounced or opted-out users, or if a Zephyr evaluation canceled an email from being sent
- Click count & rate
- Open count & rate
- Revenue – total revenue attributed to the template [for commerce accounts only]
- Revenue/M – total revenue per thousand emails sent, based on the above sent count [for commerce accounts only]
The counts are also unique to each step, so multiple uses of the same template will each display unique statistics.
Ready for your metrics? These stats will display for all new flows, including those “Saved As” from an existing flow. Currently active flows will only display sent count until the flow’s metrics are reset with a “Save As.”
Get the full rundown on Lifecycle Optimizer metrics in our documentation.
Easily copy an active flow
By popular request, you can now copy an active flow using “Save As” and leave the original flow status as active. This allows easy duplication of detailed workflows without having to change the original flow’s status. Look for the new “No, leave it active” option during your next “Save As.”
For a refresher of all flow statuses and save abilities, check out this documentation.
Action: Set a custom field with a date stamp
You can set a profile custom field (var) value with a date stamp, to mark when the customer passed through a point in the flow.
The field will be set with a date stamp (your account’s local time) in YYYYMMDD format.
While not required, our best practices advise that custom fields with date values should have custom field names that end with “_date”. This is not required for this feature to work, however it will allow the custom field to display as a date on the User Lookup page. Learn more in this documentation section. The date stamp is a great companion to the following new functionality:
Check: Custom field date values using relative dates
Relative date evaluation is now the default evaluation type for custom field dates – but you can still access explicit date evaluation by clicking on “Switch to exact dates.” Our Lifecycle Optimizer step glossary is a great resource for information on various check capabilities.
There’s still a more releases in store before the holiday season. Stay tuned for details.