Sailthru Integration for Magento 2
Sailthru’s Magento 2 integration is a brand new Magento extension built from the ground up to support Magento 2.1 Enterprise and Community Editions. This release focuses on making it easier for you to configure your Magento integration quickly for your needs and allows you to better use your Magento data within the Sailthru platform by passing more detailed information about purchases and customers.
The Sailthru Magento 2 Extension allows you to:
- Capture user login, logout, and purchases with extensive product data for abandoned carts.
- Send Abandoned Cart Emails to known users (learn more here)
- Pass detailed product information to Sailthru using our Content API, including the option to decide if you want to pass only master or variant products, or both.
- Customize your purchase confirmation transactional emails
- Sync pre-existing Magento customers into Sailthru upon site login
- Add all new registering customers to a Sailthru list of your choice.
- Use Magento’s built in newsletter subscription to add users to/from a subscription Sailthru list of your choice.
- Enable Sailthru’s PersonalizeJS, which allows you to use Sailthru pageview-tracking and Site Personalization Manager
- Route all emails through Sailthru
For details and implementation instructions, see our Magento 2 documentation.
No more manually tagging product data: New to our Magento 2 extension is the ability to automatically tag content for Sailthru. Now you can use Categories, product attributes, and SEO keywords as interest tags right out of the box, with no additional development. This makes it even easier and quicker to start personalizing your content. Find out more in our documentation.
More Data = More Options
With our Magento 2 extension we now are passing more data from Magento to Sailthru, giving you more options in Sailthru on how you use your data to optimize your customers’ experience. Outlined below are the new data points passed to Sailthru which will be accessible to you from our platform in email and on site.
- inventory (if available)
- parent_id (if variant)
- Product Attributes (color, material, activity, occasion)
- Boolean Properties (0 or 1)
- Product Attributes (new, cool_picks)
- formattedPrice (HTML string)
- storeId (main store)
- storeIds (all stores)
- product attributes: (e.g. vars.Size => XS or vars.Color => Red)
We believe that with the additional configuration options and data points now at your fingertips, this integration will drive tremendous value for customer retention efforts.
Full details of the integration are available in our documentation.
There is a bug in Magento 2.1 that prevents the use of a Multi-Site setup using multiple Sailthru accounts with a single Magento instance. Magento will always pass the default store URL even when our Content API is fired in the scope of a child store. As our Content API relies on the URL to identify the product this causes a problem in this setup.
Running multiple sites with separate Magento installs does not have this issue. The bug has been opened with the Magento team and can be followed here.