Sailthru continues its regular practice in restricting and outright stopping non-essential system updates during the end-of-year holiday season.
- Sailthru’s code freeze begins on October 30, 2020
- Sailthru’s code freeze ends on January 3, 2021
What does this mean for you?
- This freeze period accounts for mission-critical sending periods around the U.S. General Election and the Thanksgiving Week/Cyber Monday weekend.
- There will be no feature releases, code deployments, or non-critical updates on and around critical sending and web traffic days, such as Cyber Monday. Our product and engineering teams review any essential updates with leadership in this heightened state of release review.
- We also increase our on-call staffing for engineering and support during peak days, assuring that we can address any needs arising from your team. Look for more information on escalating urgent concerns to our leadership, coming in an email this October.
How can you help?
- Discuss your holiday sending schedule/strategy with your Customer Success Manager as it is shaping up and into the big week(s)
- We expect a prolonged series of sending and traffic, extending earlier into the Thanksgiving Week and potentially further past Cyber Monday, as a result of the pandemic’s “stay at home” influence. We encourage you to consider your business and promotion plans, and keep your Customer Success Manager updated as they evolve.