What’s New in the New Audience Builder
- Easy selection of audience source, with the ability to set a default.
- Easy addition of any filter from the side menu.
- Drag and drop filters you have added, change their connecting logic (AND/OR) with a simple click, and expand/contract them to simplify your view.
- Build nested AND/OR queries–up to 2 levels deep–with easy negation to select users who do “NOT” match a given filter.
- Use Smart Lists as a source or as filter criteria–not just Natural Lists.
- Validation and auto-suggestion of places, user-profile field (var) names, list names, and more. Just start typing, and use the drop-down to select matching results. You’ll be able to easily select the values you need and you’ll be prevented from using invalid or blank criteria.
- Context-specific help right within the interface–no need to check a separate guide to learn about the currently selected filter.
- Take action on your audience using the new Actions bar at the bottom of the screen.
For the users who match your filters, you can still create a Smart List, Natural List, Snapshot Report, or make a Bulk Update of a user profile field.
Custom Profile Fields (a.k.a User Vars)
- Now accessible under “Custom Profile Fields (Vars)” in the side menu via three filters:
- “Field: Exists, Contains, Is”
- Searchable drop-down of existing var (field) names, rather than needing to enter a name verbatim.
- Instead of separate criteria for “is not”, “does not exist”, and “does not contain”, you can now use the filter “Field: Exists, Contains, Is” and apply a NOT to the filter. (You can now negate any filter, selecting all users who do not match the criteria.)
- Now search across custom profile field (a.k.a. var) values for dates matching the anniversary of an entire month. For example, users whose birthdays fall in May, regardless of the day or year of birth.
This was previously a complex query, requiring an OR to match each day of the month.
- Now select one or more engagement levels to match or exclude.
Previously, you could select one engagement level, with the option to include users who were also at a level greater or less than that level.
- Now identify users who clicked, opened, or were messaged within a specified date range.
- Searchable drop-down of existing content tag names, rather than needing to enter a name verbatim.
- Searchable drop-down of all valid cities/regions/countries available within the Sailthru system, rather than needing to enter a name or code verbatim.
- There is now full support for international regions, cities, and postal codes.
- Searchable drop-down of existing segments (both Sailthru-created segments and your custom segments created via Prediction Manager), rather than needing to enter a name verbatim.