Add and Manage User Accounts and Permissions
To add or manage users, select Settings from the My Sailthru main menu. From Settings, select Permissions, then User Management to go to the User Management page.
Super Admin permissions are required to create, modify, or delete a Sailthru user.
Note: If you wish to use Single Sign-On, you may use any SSO or Identity Provider that follows the SAML standard to sign into the Sailthru platform. Documentation will be provided to guide you through setup.
When creating or modifying a Sailthru user, it is important to understand the various permission levels that the user may be assigned.
- Reports Only – Only has access to pages in the Analytics tab. The other My Sailthru navigation menus are not displayed.
- Limited – Can only view and use lists that belong to at least one of their teams, and depending on your account settings, can also be restricted from templates based on their associated team(s). If a user is restricted from a template or list based on these settings, the user will not be able to view campaigns that are set to use one of these templates or lists. You can assign the user to one or more teams in the Teams section. For more information on how to use Teams, see Manage List and Template Access with Teams.)
- Admin – Can view and use all lists and templates. Those lists and templates that the user creates will inherit the admin user’s team membership by default, which will affect the access of limited users. Admins cannot delete lists, or change a list’s type from Primary to Secondary, or add/remove/modify other Sailthru users. Can opt to download customers’ Personally Identifiable Information (PII) (e.g. email addresses) during a list export if given this permission by a Super Admin.
- Super Admin – Access to and able to modify all lists, add/remove users from the account, and modify users’ permission levels. An additional Permissions checkbox is displayed when a Super Admin creates or edits an Admin or Super Admin account: “Can download unencrypted email addresses and other PII.” When this is not selected, the user’s list downloads will match those of other Sailthru users: Any downloaded lists will display MD5 hashes in place of email addresses.) We recommend that PII access is enabled only when absolutely necessary.
Add a User
- Click the New User button above the user list.
- Enter the user’s Email and Full Name.
- Select the Access level from the drop-down.
- Click Save.
Edit a User
- Click the name of the user.
- Edit the user’s Email or Full Name as needed.
- Select an Access level from the drop-down.
- Click Save.
Delete a User
- Hover over the user’s name or email. Click the icon that appears at the end of the row.