Manage List and Template Access with Teams
You can assign lists and templates to teams, so that only the members of those teams can view, edit, and use them and the campaigns associated with them.
Only users who are set as Limited-access users will experience these team-based restrictions. Admins and Super Admins can view, edit, and use any lists, templates, or campaigns, regardless of team affiliations.
Your company’s Sailthru account may be configured three different ways:
- Teams feature disabled – Users, templates and lists are not assigned teams and all users can see all templates, lists, and campaigns created with those templates and lists.
- Teams feature enabled without template restrictions – Users may be assigned to one or more teams. If they are limited users, they will be restricted from viewing lists that are not assigned to at least one of their teams as well as campaigns set to use those lists.
- Teams feature enabled with template restrictions – Users may be assigned to one or more teams. If they are limited users:
- they will be restricted from viewing lists and templates that are not assigned to at least one of their teams.
- they will be restricted from viewing campaigns that include either a restricted list or template based on their team membership.
Please contact Sailthru if you need to enable either or both of these team-permissioning features.
Add/Delete Teams and View Team Membership
- In My Sailthru, from the menu, select Permissions.
- In the left-navigation menu, select the Team Management page.
If you do not see this page listed, please contact your customer success manager or Support to enable this feature.
- You can create a team by clicking Create Team, or work with an existing team.
- To delete a team, click the trash icon to the right of the team’s name.
Add/Remove Users from a Team
There are two ways to add users to or remove users from a team. You can start with the team or with the user.
To start with the team:
- Go to the Teams page
- To add a user to a team, next to the team name, click .
- To remove a user from a team, hover over the user’s name or email and click .
- To change the user’s listed access level, you must edit the user on the User Management page. The user must be a Limited-access user to be restricted from viewing and using templates and lists that are not associated with the user’s team.
To start with the user or view all team memberships for a particular user:
- Go to the User Management page.
- Click the name of the user.
- Modify the user’s team memberships as needed.
The following effects are experienced for limited-access users based on their team memberships, and the teams associated with your lists:
- Audience Builder – The user will only be able to query lists to which their team(s) have access. Lists for which they do not have access will not appear in the Source List drop-down. Lists that the user creates in Audience Builder will inherit the user’s team memberships.
- Campaigns – The user will only be able to send emails to lists to which their team(s) have access. If they do not have access to certain lists, those lists will not appear as options in the Lists drop-down of the Campaigns workflow. However, all of your lists will be available for selection as Suppression Lists, regardless of the user’s permissions.
- List Imports and Exports – Limited access users can only view, add users to (i.e. CSV upload), and export encrypted data from the lists to which their team(s) have permission.
Assign Teams to a List
- From the Users menu, select Lists.
- Click Create New List or, to modify an existing list, click the wrench next to its name.
- In the Teams section, select the checkboxes for the teams that should have access to that list.
The following effects are experienced for limited-access users based on their team memberships, and the teams associated with your templates:
- Limited users can only see/access/use templates that belong to their team. This includes templates available when building campaigns.
Assign Teams to a Template
- On the Templates page, when you click Create New:
- If you are a Limited-access user, the new template will automatically be added to your current teams.
- If you are an Admin or Super Admin, you can select checkboxes to specify team memberships for the template.